We are seeking a Head of Communications, Marketing and Engagement.
What will be expected from me?
The purpose of this role is to provide the Council with strategic leadership covering all aspects of communications, marketing and engagement.
What I might be doing?
- You will be working closely with the Leader of the Council, Cabinet Members, the Chief Executive and Corporate Management Team having lead responsibility for developing the councils’ communications and engagement strategy.
- You will lead and develop a creative and effective communications and engagement team that is able to make a demonstrable difference to the council and residents.
- You will be involved in working strategically and collaboratively across the council and with external stakeholders to create and reflect an authentic narrative about the district and its communities, to both internal and external audiences.
- You will manage a talented team of more than 20 officers in media, digital, campaigns/marketing, internal communications, and community engagement field.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in a communications, marketing or media related subject.
- Current knowledge and understanding of a wide range of communication products, practice channels and key drivers for a strong reputation.
- Experience of developing joint campaigns with partners and stakeholders to achieve mutual goals.
- Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and work collaboratively on joint projects.
- Experience of working in a political environment.
What can I expect?
- This is a Full-time post of 37 hours per week with Hybrid flexible working pattern.
- 30 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
To arrange an informal discussion about the opportunity with Jackie Mould, Service Director Strategy, Improvement and Intelligence during week commencing 15th August, please contact Debbie Shearman on 01924 305102 or email at DShearman@wakefield.gov.uk
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Debbie Shearman.
Tel: 01924 305102
Head of Communications Engagement and Marketing 20220629.doc
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.