Join Wakefield’s Outstanding leadership team and make a real difference.
As a Service Manager for CiC, you will be instrumental in driving forward best practice to ensure all our children in care receive the right level of support to reach their potential and achieve their permanence plan. You will lead and manage five teams who will take children through proceedings as well as support those already in care. You will need to be dynamic, enthusiastic and have a good understanding of ‘growing staff’ to be the best practitioners they can be who in turn will offer the best level of support and help to our children and young people for whom we are corporate parents.
If you are as passionate about helping children and young people achieve their potential as we are, this could be the perfect job for you. Our approach is beyond partnership and collaboration, we have real connection with our partners, who are just as committed and energetic about making the necessary changes as we are.
Here are some essential requirements of the role:
- Professional social work qualification and registration with professional body
- Extensive knowledge of the key areas and challenges facing Children’s Services and Local government in the context of securing service delivery and continuous improvement
- Extensive senior management experience within a large and complex organisation
- Managing performance and quality assurance, resources and budgets (in collaboration with other key stakeholders).
In return for you bringing your passion, expertise and drive, we offer:
- A place on a permanent, dynamic, supportive and committed leadership team who welcome innovation
- Regular, reflective supervision to support your practice and professional development
- Comprehensive training, including professional development and courses to support your wellbeing e.g. resilience and managing stress
- Minimum of 30 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays rising to 33 (subject to length of service)
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Toni Traynor.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.