Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council is looking to recruit a Team Lead within their Income Management Service.
The Team Lead – Income Management will be responsible for the day to day management of officers engaged in the proactive management and recovery of current, former tenant arrears and other housing related debts. The individual will also be responsible for maximising rental income whilst sustaining tenancies along with initiating, developing and implementing service improvements with the Income Management Service.
You will be expected to
- have overall management responsibility of specified officers/teams within your specific area of responsibility
- To provide leadership for the successful translation of policies and procedures into operational activity
- To lead on early help and tenancy sustainment
- To implement a culture of performance management across designated officers and take overall responsibility for the performance of these officers
- To ensure all HR systems are in place and effective, including sickness absence management, performance capability, smart working, supervision and performance appraisal
You will have
- English Language and Mathematics, GCSE grades A to C or an equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience of leading a team and managing projects
- Excellent leadership skills and qualities
- Experience of working in a challenging, demanding and complex environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of arrears management, procedures and processes for the recovery of housing related debt
- Personal integrity and a passion for income collection and debt recovery work
- Experience of working in partnership with others and in consulting with key stakeholders, including tenants
- A good working knowledge of social security and welfare benefit legislation
If you have the drive to deliver a quality, customer focused and well managed team we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jeanette Wade on email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.