Local Area Co-ordination is expanding, and we have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team. We are looking for a Local Area Co-ordinator for Wigston Magna.
Local Area Co-ordination is an approach designed to offer innovative support to people in communities who maybe isolated and at risk of needing formal services. Coordinators support people to build their own their vision for a good life, finding pragmatic solutions to any problems, and drawing on family and community resources, before considering commissioned or statutory services. This means that instead of assessing or signposting people into services, they can:
- Invest enough time in understanding what a good life looks like to the individual or family, and how they could get there.
- Help people to build their own capacity and connections, so that they can stay strong and independent.
- Build new community connections or capacity where they don’t exist.
- Support the implementation of Local Area Coordination
- Provide high quality, innovative support to residents in the community to help them live an optimum life
- To work to and promote the Local Area Co-ordination principles, which support individuals (of all ages) and families pursue ‘a good life’ particularly those with disabilities (learning, sensory and physical), mental health issues, frail and older people and those who are isolated.
- To help individuals reach their goals by identifying skills and assets and utilising the support of family, friends, community networks and resources.
- To develop community capacity, cohesion, and resilience in localities
- To develop and manage relationships, partnerships and expectations across Borough/District boundaries
- Relevant experience (paid or voluntary) of working with individuals and communities, e.g. in a community development context
- Sufficient mobility to work from different bases/locations around the County where necessary
- Experience of working with individuals who may be experiencing challenging issues/ circumstances in a sensitive and professional manner, including being able to diffuse difficult situations.
- The nature of the work may involve the jobholder carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
- NVQ Level 4 Qualification or equivalent
This post is the subject of an Enhanced DBS check.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page For informal enquires please contact Louise Monk Phone: 07526927372 Email: email@example.com
Applicant Guidance Notes
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.