Care Assistant - Black Swan Care Group - The Lodge
Permanent, Full and Part Time
£9.90per hour days/£10.00 per hour nights
Location: Walton on the Naze
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Black Swan Care Group to recruit Care Assistants for their residential care facility, The Lodge.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, night and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
Black Swan Care Group has been involved in the Care Sector since its founding in 1991. The Company started as Business Consultants to the Care Sector primarily instructed to give advice to UK Banks, before purchasing its first Care Home in 1994. Since then, Black Swan Care Group have been providing care to elderly adults and adults with learning and/or physical disabilities through the East of England.
The Lodge is a residential elderly care home in Walton-on-the-Naze in Essex, with capacity to accommodate up to 36 residents, including those living with Dementia. We put a focus on ensuring our residents have access to enriching experiences within our care, which is why we use the person-centred approach. We aim to create care packages tailored to our residents' individual needs, which gives them an active say in their care plans, diets, and activities schedule. We believe dignity and freedom should be the central pillars of care.
Black Swan Care Group are looking to recruit Care Assistants to join the fantastic team at The Lodge. This is a great opportunity to join a home where you can work closely with the Manager and her team to deliver the best care possible to our residents, supporting their independence whilst continuing to develop your own career with excellent training opportunities.
- Help Residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence; help in use and care of aids and personal equipment
- Help care for Residents who are at end of life
- Keep up to date with Resident's care needs by reading Care Plans, Risk Assessments and Daily Notes
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of Residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Assist residents at mealtimes (i.e., set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, prepare light meals, wash up, tidy and clear the dining room)
- Contribute towards the development of activities and day care programmes for Residents in which they can join in, and which will enhance their quality of life.
- Assist under supervision, senior staff with the administration of medication
- Paid Breaks
- Full paid induction and training programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialized
- Progression with internal promotions available, across the group
- Blue light Card
- Employee Careline with our confidential telephone counselling, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Black Swan Care Group and if successful you will be employed by Black Swan Care Group.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Black Swan Care Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Black Swan Care Group applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact