Care Assistant - Black Swan Care Group - Valentine House
Permanent, Full Time and Part time
£9.90 to £11.00 per hour
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Black Swan Care Group to recruit a Care Assistant for their residential care facility, Valentine House.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, evenings and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage
Black Swan Care Group have been involved in the Care Sector since its founding in 1991. The company started as business consultants to the care sector primarily instructed to give advice to UK Banks, before purchasing its first Care Home in 1994. Since then, Black Swan Care Group have been providing care to elderly adults and adults with learning and/or physical disabilities through the East of England.
Valentine House is an elderly care home in Silver End, a small village in Essex, between Braintree and Witham. The Home is a large care facility able to accommodate up to 50 residents, including special support for those living with Dementia.
Black Swan Care Group are looking to recruit Care Assistants to join the fantastic team at Valentine House. This is a great opportunity to join a home where you can work closely with the manager and their team to deliver the best care possible to our residents and supporting their independence.
- Assisting residents with personal care (i.e., dressing, undressing, bathing, toilet, housekeeping)
- Helping residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence; help in use and care of aids and personal equipment
- Helping care for residents who are at end of life
- Keeping up to date with resident's care needs by reading care plans, risk assessments and daily notes
- Helping in the promotion of mental and physical activity of Residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Assisting residents at mealtimes (i.e., set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, prepare light meals, wash up, tidy and clear the dining room)
- Contributing towards the development of activities and day care programmes for Residents in which they can join in, and which will enhance their quality of life.
- Assisting under supervision, senior staff with the administration of medication
- Paid Breaks
- Full paid induction and training programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialized
- Progression with internal promotions available, across the group
- Blue light Card
Employee Careline with our confidential telephone counselling, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Black Swan Care Group and if successful you will be employed by Black Swan Care Group.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Black Swan Care Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Black Swan Care Group applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here