Permanent, Full Time
Up to £28,373 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 15th August 2022
This is a hybrid role with remote working optional and an expectation to spend 1 to 2 days a week in the office.
The Risk and Insurance team are responsible for all insurance and risk management advice focused on supporting the council's service delivery and commissioned services. Providing oversight and assurance that effective and appropriate insurance arrangements are in place.
We are seeking to recruit a pro-active individual with excellent communication and customer service skills to join our small friendly team. The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of an efficient and effective insurance service. You will input and manage routine property and motor claims in accordance with policy wording, support new streams of business and provide internal and external customers with support, advice and guidance. You will have a strong customer focus and drive to provide a valued service.
You will possess, or be willing to work towards, a professional insurance qualification e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute Certificate. Experience of working in an insurance environment is desirable including knowledge of claims handling and an ability to provide information and data. Individuals without insurance experience but who possess transferable skills and have the motivation to succeed in this role are welcomed. Excellent customer service skills are key to this role, in order to maximise income generated through the Academy Framework.
- Supports the Insurance Lead in the delivery of an effective insurance service, working to drive reductions in cost, by continuously improving systems and processes to maximise efficiency.
- Supports the Insurance Lead in the management of the Essex Academies Framework to maintain and increase income generation, process renewals and ensure customer premiums are received.
- Support the risk financing arrangements to significantly reduce insurance premiums and the impact on the insurance fund.
- Responsible for managing property and motor claims in accordance with insurance policy, liaising with Loss Adjusters, Surveyors, Insurers and other bodies.
- Works collaboratively with customers to provide advice and guidance on insurance requirements and operational risk management.
- Delivers information and data, including freedom of information requests, in line with predetermined timescales and protocols.
- Support the development and maintenance of insurance related IT systems, ensuring effective delivery of services and production of quality management information.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Possesses a professional insurance qualification e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute Certificate.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Knowledge of insurance and claims handling principles.
- Experience of working within an insurance environment.
- Ability to produce quality information and data in support of requests received.
- Knowledge of insurance related IT systems.
- Experience of working collaboratively to build good relationships which deliver excellent customer service.