HR Advisory are a busy team providing proactive and professional HR advice to managers across a broad range of complex employee relations matters. We play a pivotal role in coaching and supporting effective performance, attendance and conflict resolution by working closely with other HR teams and managers at all levels across the Council.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified, enthusiastic, motivated and customer-focused individual who is passionate about delivering a first-class HR service.
We’re looking for a HR Lead Officer on a six-month fixed term basis, working flexibly over 30.h.p.w.
You will enjoy a varied role and a wide range of interactions daily, whilst gaining exposure to many different aspects of the organisation.
You will develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders. You will be a coach and mentor to managers building their confidence and knowledge of HR practices, policies and procedures. You will have an up to date knowledge of relevant employment law to enable you to influence and guide your customers using your excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
The role is diverse from advising on employment matters, investigations, reviewing of and advising on HR reports, through to support and attendance at hearings and management meetings.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the Sandwell 2030 Vision and how HR can contribute to its achievement
- Be able to deliver excellent results through support to management on all aspects of HR
- Lead the effective and efficient deployment of HR interventions within service
- Build and manage relationships with managers, HR Business Partners, Trade Union representatives and employees
- Deliver the priorities of the HR Service area through involvement, communication, consultation and negotiation
- Have an enhanced knowledge of relevant employment law
- Be able to demonstrate technical HR knowledge with an excellent understanding of policies and procedures; specifically in Employee Relations, Grievance, Disciplinary [including investigations], Reward, Performance Capability and Sickness Absence
- Be able to demonstrate a commercial awareness and understanding and be able to articulate the risks, benefits, services and key drivers of HR intervention
- MCIPD/CIPD Level 7 or equivalent with at least 3 years’ experience in a HR Advisory/Consultancy environment.4
Information for applicants
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.