Support Worker - Valorum Care Group - Brandon House
£9.50 per hour
Location: Clacton on Sea
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Valorum Care Group to recruit Support Workers for their residential care facility, Brandon House.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require days, nights and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
Salary is £9.50 per hour.
Valorum Care Group are a leading provider of Quality Care Services for over 1,000 people, within 75 schemes across over 130 local authorities across England and Wales, supported by 1,400 employees. Their core services are Supported Living, residential care and residential care with nursing services for learning disability, mental health and physical disability.
Brandon House is a residential home, registered for 21 residents, in Clacton on Sea for individuals with a mental health diagnosis. At Brandon House, Valorum aim to give their residents the quality of life that they would expect to achieve if they lived in their own home or with their families, they aim to provide them with the support, independence and the opportunity for personal development to meet their needs.
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting individuals to live their lives to the fullest
- Using the training provided, aid the residents all aspect of life including mealtimes, bathing, paying bills, and day to day activities.
- Get to know the residents to help write their care plans and understand when risk assessments may be needed
- Support individuals to access the local community, making use of all it has to offer, including using public transport
- Assist residents with their health needs as required, which may include administering medication and attending medical appointments
- Keep daily paperwork up to date to captured everything that has happened in the day
- Work positively with colleagues, families, and external organisations to assist with supporting the residents.
- Wellbeing support
- Free uniform
- Excellent, fully funded training
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Confidential employee advice line
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Valorum Care Group and if successful you will be employed by Valorum Care Group.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Valorum Care Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Valorum Care Group applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact