An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and motivated Local Bus Manager who is committed to improving local bus services and opportunities for travel for Derbyshire residents.
We are looking for a positive individual who can lead a skilled and dedicated team, manage contract performance and service improvement, and is a strong team player with excellent communication skills.
The postholder will lead and motivate, and focus on clear outcomes, quality improvements, and sustainable delivery. The main areas of responsibility include:
- Management of an effective and efficient local bus provision, including organisation of Derbyshire’s contracted local bus services
- Partnership working with local bus operators and neighbouring transport authorities to develop commercial bus services in Derbyshire
- Highways and infrastructure matters relating to bus services, including managing the team delivering the bus service capital programme
- Bus service data, information/publicity, and marketing
- Ticketing, including the Derbyshire Gold Card (ENCTS) and the b_line young person’s concessionary scheme
- Providing input, technical support and strategic oversight.
It is an exciting time to join Place’s Integrated Transport Unit. The authority has been successful with Government funding for an Enhanced Partnership Bus Service Improvement Plan. This represents a “once in a generation” opportunity to improve and expand Derbyshire’s passenger transport offer and encourage modal shift to contribute to the Council’s net zero carbon targets. The BSIP programme is big, bold and ambitious and this post will be a key contributor and help influence and shape new and innovative projects.
It is essential that the postholder has experience of public transport legislation and/or operations; busy and demanding customer-focused services; able to work under pressure and to deadlines; and can plan and review within a complex area.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Deborah Oddy on 01629 536743 or Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.