Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Nexus Support to recruit Support Workers on both permanent and bank contracts for their supported living service based in Wickford.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, night and weekend working. Available shifts range from:
- Community Supports shifts - Usually a 6-7 hour shifts anywhere between 8am and 6pm (i.e. 9am and 5pm)
- Early shifts - 7:30am to 3pm
- Late shifts - 2:45pm to 10:15pm
- Waking Night shifts - 10pm to 7:30am
Nexus-Support is a specialist provider working alongside people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Complex Needs aged between 16 and 45, and their families in the South Essex area. They are committed to providing support and services that enable people with learning disabilities to live as independently as possible and participate in, and contribute to, the valued life of the community.
Nexus Support aims to do this by:
- Providing support and assistance that enables a person to live a life meaningful to them and a lifestyle relevant to their everyday needs and preferences
- Facilitating opportunities for people to learn the skills important to them now and in the future
- Supporting people to develop and sustain choice and control in their lives and exercise their rights as citizens
- Facilitating access to a combination of specialist and everyday community resources and opportunities
Nexus Support are currently looking for Support Worker who would relish the opportunity to begin or further develop their career in social care. They are looking for people with a calm and gentle nature, a great sense of humour and who are interested in working with talented people who have a diverse set of characteristics and personalities. Be ready for community-based activities, chilled out days and regular days out.
Successful applicants will have a keen interest in sourcing and developing interesting and rewarding opportunities in the local community and be able to demonstrate a willingness to understand the social and sensory needs that a person with Autism and complex needs may face.
Within this role you will also be;
- Working on a 1-1 basis with the same person throughout the day
- Provided with regular supervisions
- Attend regular group supervisions specific to the people you are supporting
- Contribute to our ongoing support planning, risk assessment and behaviour strategy processes
- Undertake regular sleep-in shifts, which are paid at an additional flat rate of £72.43 per sleep in
- Additional hours and overtime rate between £10 and £12.50 per hour
- Access to a 'Pay on Demand' Scheme, meaning you can access your pay as you earn it and don't have to wait every month for pay day.
- 1 extra week of annual leave following 5 years' service
- 5% basic salary increase following 5 years' service
- Opportunity to enrol on fully funded RQF training awards
Whether you're considering a career in social care or just have a day or two that you want to do something interesting and get paid for it then we would be happy to hear from you. Experience isn't necessary but we are looking for people that have a genuine interest in developing the confidence and skills that will enable this gentleman to continue to enjoy life in a way that makes sense to him.
Please note as this is a home care role, applicants will need to have a full driver's licence and access to their own vehicle.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Nexus Support and if successful you will be employed by Nexus Support .
Nexus Support applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Nexus Support is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .