We are seeking a Development Manager to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our Regeneration Team.
What will be expected from me?
These are exciting times for the Regeneration & Housing Growth Team, with funding from Towns Fund, Levelling Up Fund and Historic Action Zone allocated for investment in Wakefield City.
You will take a lead role in the successful delivery of a range of priority regeneration programmes, projects and services in Wakefield District.
What I might be doing?
- You will prepare strategic regeneration frameworks and master plans to guide development and regeneration in Wakefield District within the context of the Council’s policy framework including the Local Development Framework.
- You will prepare development briefs for specific sites, and other site-specific detailed guidance in order to stimulate investment and development.
- You will advise developers, investors, and other groups or individuals on appropriate development and regeneration proposals.
- You will contribute to the management of the Service, ensuring sound use of resources and effective management of appropriate budgets as required
- Educated to degree or equivalent level in relevant field.
- A thorough knowledge of physical regeneration, including the acquisition of land, site assembly and disposal.
- A thorough knowledge of project management and programme management in the context of physical regeneration.
- Substantial experience working within an appropriate discipline e.g. / physical regeneration / master planning and urban design / economic development / property management and development / development surveying.
- The ability to manage a number of complex programmes and projects at any one time.
What can I expect?
- This is a full-time post of 37 hours per week with Workplace Based/Flexible option available.
- 30 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact James Stephenson.
GS6193 Development Manager JD.docx
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.