We are seeking a Cemeteries Operative (Burials) to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our Council’s Street Scene & Bereavement Services.
What will be expected from me?
You will be responsible for carrying out particular duties relating to the Cemeteries Team such as preparing graves and maintaining the grounds, whilst working in a manner which maintains an atmosphere of reverence and respect.
What I might be doing?
- You will be working within recognised safe systems and in accordance with all aspects of health and safety legislation.
- You will be responsible for high standards of maintenance in cemetery grounds by undertaking a full range of grave related work including preparing graves, vault construction, dealing with collapsed and flooded graves, dealing with cremating remains and carryout out exhumations.
- You will carry out daily inspection of vehicles, equipment and personal protective equipment, to ensure it is in good working order before use.
- Driving License category C1 + E.
- NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds or equivalent in horticulture within 12 months
- CITB Mechanical Excavator accreditation or equivalent qualification.
- Appropriate training / qualifications in managing safety and in customer care
- Appropriate qualification in grave digging.
- A sound knowledge of operating plant, tools and equipment in a relevant environmental / amenity work
What can I expect?
- This is a full-Time post of 37 hours per week.
- 25 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
For further enquiries please contact Ton Bowler, Bereavement Operations Officer on 0345 8 506 506 or for further information and guidance, or to apply online please visit: www.wakefield.gov.uk
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Tony Bowler.
Tel: 01924 307446
SD1450 Cemeteries Operative (Burials) 26 08 21.doc
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.