Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Bloomsbury Home Care to recruit Team Leaders for their home care service is the following areas;
The pay rate for this position starts from £10 per hour. You will earn between £16 to £21 per hour for management work (depending on experience) and can earn up to £360 per hour from OnCall work.
Bloomsbury Home Care provides personal care, domestic assistance and social support to adults with various abilities in Essex, Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire and Suffolk. What makes Bloomsbury Home Care especially unique is that they really get to know you. They have one local team leader in charge of the support and they will oversee a small team of outstanding support assistants, to ensure their client's get the very best support and excellent continuity.
Bloomsbury Home Care really believe in the value of continuity. Their client's work with the same selection of support assistants for the long term, allowing each member of the local support team to really get to know the clients and their unique needs. Whether they need a little extra support with personal care, meal preparation or picking up the shopping - The team be there morning, noon and night.
As a Team Leader, you will support a small team of Support Assistant while providing care to clients in your allocated area.
- To deliver at least 25 hours per week of home care to the residents of Essex
- Liaise and delegate with team leader deputy with regards to all tasks to be carried out to ensure teams compliance
- Support with the recruitment process for prospective Support Assistants
- Assist in the training of Support Assistants, specifically through mentoring new recruits, inductions of care, supervisions, appraisals, supervisions in the fields, covert spot checks and to attend and hold team meetings as required
- Assess the needs and wishes of clients and to prepare person specific support plans
- Complete reviews with clients
- Schedule permanent rotas for staff and clients
- Schedule support assistants when staff have unplanned absence
- Ensure all clients receive visits and are kept safe.
- Visit Clients and Support Assistants in the Clients' homes on a regular basis to ensure that work is being carried out in line with Bloomsbury's standards
- Complete reviews and update care plans
- Ensure medication is amended on plait and up to date with current prescription
- On-call alternate weekends to your Team Leader Deputy and no more than nine weekdays in a 14 day period
- Support from The Care Workers Charity
- Government based pension scheme
- QCF opportunities and career development
- Performance bonus scheme
Please note as this is a home care role, applicants will need to have a full driver's licence and access to their own vehicle.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Bloomsbury Home Care and if successful you will be employed by Bloomsbury Home Care.
Bloomsbury Home Care applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Bloomsbury Home Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .