We are looking to recruit a Senior Engineer within the Structures team in the Infrastructure Asset Management Section of the Highways and Streetcare Services Division.
The post holder will benefit from:
- A training and mentoring programme committed to continuous development of the team.
- Joining a dynamic and experienced structures team.
- Working on a variety of different types of structures carrying out a range of Engineering tasks from assessment and design work to production of contract documentation whilst also keeping track of commercial aspects of projects.
- Significant opportunities to further your own knowledge and take ownership of projects within a supportive team structure.
- Learning about local authority procedures and requirements.
For further information on the post, please contact Laurence Sutton, Highway Structures Team Lead on (01443) 281168.
Protecting children and vulnerable adults is a core responsibility of all staff appointed to the Council.
The Council values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
In support of the Council’s voluntary pledge to support the Armed Forces, the recruiter must always be prepared to ensure that applicants who have identified themselves as members of the Armed Forces including Service Leavers, Veterans, Reservists or Spouses and who meet the essential criteria of the person specification, are offered an interview.
Senior Engineer Ref 4890.docx – 40KB
Converted File Senior Engineer Ref 4890.docx.pdf – 121KB
JOB DEMANDS CHECKLIST - GR11 - May 22.doc – 133KB
Converted File JOB DEMANDS CHECKLIST - GR11 - May 22.pdf – 120KB
Job Description Welsh
V4890 Uwch Beiriannydd Disgrifiad Swydd.docx – 37KB
Converted File V4890 Uwch Beiriannydd Disgrifiad Swydd.docx.pdf – 142KB