We are looking to recruit a Senior Technician within the busy Structures team in the Infrastructure Asset Management Section of the Highways and Streetcare Services Division.
The successful candidate will be required to assist in the provision of a high quality Highway Infrastructure Service.
Experience of highway management/maintenance and/or the Design/Management/Maintenance of highway structures is desirable.
The duties and main functions of the role will include:
- To assist in the development, co-ordination and implementation of highway infrastructure programmes, including highways and structures.
- To assist in the undertaking of surveys and inspections and update databases.
- To undertake site surveys as required for the preparation of drawings for highway infrastructure projects.
- To update computerised mapping systems and databases.
- To assist with the supervision, examination and monitoring, as necessary, of work carried out by Contractors/consultants with regard to contract requirements and authorised budget and programme.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and other statutory obligations associated with highways infrastructure projects.
- To respond to complaints, queries and requests for service in accordance with Council Policy and direction.
For further information on the post, please contact Laurence Sutton, Highway Structures Team Lead on (01443) 281 168.
Protecting children and vulnerable adults is a core responsibility of all staff appointed to the Council.
The Council values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
In support of the Council’s voluntary pledge to support the Armed Forces, the recruiter must always be prepared to ensure that applicants who have identified themselves as members of the Armed Forces including Service Leavers, Veterans, Reservists or Spouses and who meet the essential criteria of the person specification, are offered an interview.
Senior Technician Ref 5094.docx – 40KB
Converted File Senior Technician Ref 5094.docx.pdf – 121KB
Job Description Welsh
V5094 Senior Technician JD_CY-GB.docx – 37KB
Converted File V5094 Senior Technician JD_CY-GB.docx.pdf – 122KB