To join our team of drivers you don't need to have all the knowledge, skills, and experience straight away. All you need is a passion to want to do good in your community and hold a relevant clean driving license to operate an 8 seater vehicle.
This is a truly magical role with a purpose to transport our SEND student’s safely from their home to school. Without our incredible drivers these students would not receive the education that these wonderful children deserve.
We are also looking for drivers who can operate a 16-seater minibus. To drive this particular type of vehicle, you will hold a category D1 on your driving licence.
Once trained you will:
- Be responsible for the safety of the vehicle and all the passengers
- Work closely with any Passenger Assistant that may be traveling on the vehicle
- Have basic vehicle maintenance knowledge
- Attend mandatory training to ensure you have a good understanding of how to use the appropriate equipment
Casual contracts are great as it allows for flexible hours that suit you. You have the option to work certain days of the week or work short-term assignments on an “as required” basis. Your hours will vary according to the needs of team and your availability to work. On this basis you are not obliged to be available for work and the Council is not obliged to offer you.
This rewarding role can give you a genuine sense of achievement and in return for all your fantastic life-changing support we offer you:
- Term Time Schedule - work school term periods and enjoy the school holidays off where you will still receive your full monthly pay, accruing a pro-rata entitlement to paid leave, and for those who wish to work additional hours during the school holidays.
- The opportunity to work for a forward-thinking council with a strong focus on staff engagement
- Wellbeing services and family-friendly policies to support work-life balance
- Free training and PPE provided
- Generous local government pension scheme.
- Access to Wiltshire Rewards - our staff benefit/discount scheme
If you want to find out how you can contribute to making a difference to the life of our SEND students, please contact Christina Bull, Passenger Assistant Coordinator at email@example.com or on 01225 713320.
All candidates are assessed against Our Identity (available below) which sets out the type of organisation we are and how we continue to develop to achieve the councils vision. Half of all questions during the interview will be based around these.
Click here to view Our Identity
Download Attached Documents:
OP04-2397 Passenger Vehicle Driver.pdf
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.