To join our team of Passenger Assistants you don't need to have all the knowledge, skills, and experience straight away. All you need is patience, empathy, and a passion to want to do good in your community.
This is a truly wonderful role working in conjunction with the drivers to ensure the care, comfort, and safety of vulnerable students traveling on Wiltshire Council transport to and from school.
Casual contracts are great as it allows for flexible hours that suit you. You have the option to work certain days of the week or work short-term assignments on an “as required” basis. Your hours will vary according to the needs of team and your availability to work. On this basis you are not obliged to be available for work and the Council is not obliged to offer you.
About the role
Our promise is that this role will give you the same genuine sense of achievement!
You'll be part of a tight-knit and highly supportive team where you can look to those around you for help and guidance when needed. Journeys take place Monday to Friday at the start and end of the school day and you will be collected and dropped off at your home address.
Following mandatory training you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Support passengers into and out of vehicles using specialist equipment such as wheelchair clamps.
- Carry out first aid.
- Evacuate a vehicle in an emergency.
This rewarding role can give you a genuine sense of achievement and in return, for all the fantastic life-changing support, we will offer you:
- Term Time Schedule - work school term periods and enjoy the school holidays off where you will still receive your full monthly pay, accruing a pro-rata entitlement to paid leave, and for those who wish to work additional hours during the school holidays.
- Wellbeing services and family-friendly policies to support work-life balance.
- Strong focus on staff engagement and appreciation.
- Free training and PPE are provided.
- Generous local government pension scheme.
- Access to Wiltshire Rewards - our staff benefit/discount scheme.
If you want to find out how you can contribute to making a difference in the life of a SEND student, please contact Christina Bull, Passenger Assistant Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01225 713320.
Click here to view Our Identity
Download Attached Documents:
OP03-0353 Passenger Assistant.pdf
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.