An excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join the WNC Public Health Team as a full-time administrator. A varied and interesting role, the successful candidate will be part of an extensive and friendly team committed to improving health outcomes for local people through a variety of services, education, and support. As part of this strategy, our administrators provide an important service, helping to deliver and support business requirements across the Public Health team.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
What will you be doing?
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership - If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to support the senior management team with diary management, minuting meetings and general administrative tasks. In addition, you will also be responsible for the monitoring of team inboxes and will be instrumental in helping develop and maintain administrative systems, guidance documents and document records. This is an exceptionally varied role which is continuously changing and would suit someone that is adaptable and willing to learn new skills.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, highly motivated and have the ability to work independently and can use own initiative. The role will suit someone who is not daunted by a fast paced and busy working environment and who has an eye for detail. The successful candidate will have a 'can-do' attitude and be an excellent and reliable team player with exceptional communication skills.
For further information or an informal chat, please contact Bonita Wallace via email: Bonita.Wallace@westnorthants.gov.uk
Interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing 4th September 2023.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from our Chief Executive, Anna Earnshaw, about what it's like to work at West Northants Council https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.