We reserve the right to close vacancies earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications. If interested, please complete an application as early as possible.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to manage our planned maintenance programme. You will take control of preparing, scheduling and managing all planned maintenance activity. You will undertake all necessary communications to ensure that all stakeholders fully understand the maintenance schedules and their impact.
Liverpool City Council has embarked on a major improvement programme that involves all parts of the organisation. Transport & Highways is especially focussed on delivering a range of improvements across the whole directorate. It has recently completed a service review which has identified the need for a number of positions to help it deliver its statutory duty in maintaining a highway that is functioning and fit for purpose.
As part of the team you will make visits to site when required, represent the Council at meetings with elected members and other stakeholders and work with other teams within Transport & Highways to coordinate activities on the highway.
You will report to the Highways Maintenance Manager. You will be a self-starter with ambition, keen to learn and progress in the team. You will already have or be progressing towards a relevant qualification.
Key responsibilities include:
- To carry out detailed estimates, to plan and implement both Carriageway and Footway maintenance schemes from inception, through site supervision inspections, ensuring works are completed to a high standard, to specification, on time and within budget.
- To attend site meetings as and when necessary.
- To represent the Highways Service as directed, both within the Council and external to the Council, including meetings with elected members and other stakeholders.
- To advise and support senior managers on relevant service and operational matters.
- To assist in the preparation of technical and committee reports and associated documentation.
If you are ready for your next challenge, apply now.
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please contact Dorothy Joyce, Dorothy.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07925 358450
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.