We reserve the right to close vacancies earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications. If interested, please complete an application as early as possible.
Liverpool City Council has embarked on a major improvement programme that involves all parts of the organisation. Transport & Highways is especially focussed on delivering a range of improvements across the whole directorate. It has recently completed a service review which has identified the need for a number of new positions to help it deliver its statutory duty in maintaining a highway that is functioning and fit for purpose.
As the Streetworks Technical Assistant you will provide support to the Streetworks Officers and the Permit Officers to assist them in managing street works activities. You will also take responsibility for managing the KPI performance report to ensure that the KPIs are being met and where they are not the reason why, suggesting corrective actions where appropriate.
You will play a key role in communicating with Utility companies to ensure that works are coordinated and are disruptive for the smallest amount of time possible. You will ensure that statutory obligations are effectively met and you will visit sites as and when appropriate.
You will report to the Streetworks Management Team Leader. You will be a self-starter with ambition, keen to learn and progress in the team. You will already have or be progressing towards a relevant qualification.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with all permit applications/queries within the required timescale ensuring that information is timely and accurate.
- Work on behalf of the Council to ensure statutory obligations relating to street works/network management duty are met.
- To input, complete and update both manual and electronic standard format data, checking the correct information is provided, chasing missing data and providing a basic analysis of the information.
- Assist in the processing of Section 50 licence applications from start to finish.
- To assist in the processing of all charges and invoicing.
If you are ready for your next challenge, apply now.
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please contact Dorothy Joyce, Dorothy.email@example.com or call 07925 358450
Job Description and Person Specification
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.