Required from April 2024, or earlier if possible, a Head of Learning and Advisory Support to work within Education Services.
The successful applicant will need to have recent and relevant successful experience as a headteacher or of school leadership at a similar level and / or successful experience of working for a local authority as a school improvement adviser. Applicants will also be knowledgeable about Ofsted processes and may be undertaking inspections on behalf of Ofsted.
Sandwell’s Learning and Advisory Support Service is a high performing team with a reputation of excellence across the local region. The team works closely with Headteachers, school governors and a range of LA services and HMI to ensure the best possible standards of education for our children.
The successful applicant should be conversant with the expectations of Local Authority work and should be able to effectively lead the work of the team. Experience of leading and /or developing traded services within education would also be welcome.
As the Head of Learning and Advisory Support you will:
- be a member of the Extended Directorate Management Team, contributing to the strategic management and co-ordination of education services with particular reference to the Local Authority’s support for children in Sandwell Schools
- play a key role in planning the programme of work for the School Improvement Team to provide ongoing challenge and support to Sandwell Schools
- undertake monitoring activities to quality assure the performance of the School Improvement Team
- play a key role in ensuring that all Sandwell Schools are provided with the highest quality monitoring, support, challenge and intervention in order for them to raise standards and improve outcomes for all children and young people
- take a key role in leading on teaching, learning, curriculum and assessment to ensure that the performance of underachieving groups is positively addressed through targeted and timely intervention
- support the existing partnerships across Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Post 16 phases so that settings are enabled to work together to bring about necessary improvements
- have responsibility for a small group of schools as a school Improvement Adviser
For an informal discussion, please contact Julie Andrews on 07919 291012 or email@example.com
Sandwell Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Information for applicants
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.