The Finance and Business Support officer is based within a team at the Guildhall, the team are dedicated in providing a high level of service to our older and vulnerable customers. Ensuring that people can remain in their own homes for longer.
Our service area supports older and vulnerable people by providing Lifeline Equipment and answering calls from our customers and facilitating an appropriate response.
This role is responsible for administrating all financial tasks; raising all invoices, subscriptions and orders for the service. Maintaining all systems and data. As well as answering all customer queries regarding invoicing and payments.
Providing support for the Telecare Team, including data management of stock and equipment, for Call Care and Partners.
Where required to support the Telecare Team with installations of the Call Care alarms.
To undertake a wide variety of administrative duties to support the leadership team.
We are happy to consider applications via the apprenticeship scheme. Pay for those applicants will vary slightly.
For more information, contact our Call Care Manager, Louise Musson on 01604 637206.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
What will you be doing?
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership - If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
- Responsible for maintaining, processing and the accuracy of all Financial tasks.
- Using our ERP system to create invoices, subscriptions and orders and all processes involved in these tasks.
- Ensuring the data, on our call handling system, is up to date and accurate.
- Using our providers system to ensure that our customers data is managed within a cloud based system.
- Responsible for answering customer queries via email and telephone.
- Maintaining the Telecare emails for applications.
- Creating and maintaining financial records via our ERP system and locally using Excel.
- Maintain our equipment database and stock control. Responsible for ensuring that all stock levels are maintained.
- Support the Telecare Team with programming and where necessary installing equipment (only in emergency situations).
- Provide a range of administrative tasks to the leadership team.
We are looking for someone who can use their own initiative and is willing to carry out a wide range of tasks. We would like you to be creative, reviewing tasks and creating new ways of working effectively, to meet the service needs.
You would need to understand and respect our customer base who are mostly elderly or vulnerable people.
Have an understanding of the Tech Service Industry (Telecare), and have the ability to carry out simple basic installations.
We would like you to demonstrate, at the application stage, that you can fulfil the Personal Specification, which is attached to the Job Description.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from our Chief Executive, Anna Earnshaw, about what it's like to work at West Northants Council https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.