Around one third of violence against the person offences and on fifth of homicides are domestic abuse related. In Sandwell we are committed to tackling and reducing this and ensuring that Sandwell is a safe place for everyone to live.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Domestic Abuse Team to help us make this difference. The Domestic Abuse Survivor Liaison Coordinator will provide valuable support for survivors of domestic abuse and ensuring that survivor experiences lead to improvements in service delivery.
This role is crucial in understanding what is working well in terms of the services available in Sandwell and where there are areas for the development.
Working closely with the Domestic Abuse Team and relevant partners you will:
- Pro-actively engage with survivors.
- Consult with survivors on a regular basis about policy, performance, protocols, service delivery and communications.
- Work with service providers to capture the voice of victims-survivors through their service user engagement forums.
- Work with local community, voluntary and religious groups to raise awareness of domestic abuse and support services.
- Attend partnership meetings as needed to represent the voice of the people that have experienced domestic abuse.
- Identify good practice and areas for improvement and feed this into the Sandwell DASP to improve service delivery.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience of working in the VAWG sector.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance and working with victims/survivors of Domestic Abuse and the voluntary and statutory agencies who support them.
- Experience of community development or community outreach participatory approaches.
- Knowledge of peer support or co-production frameworks.
- Experience of disseminating information and data and presenting it in a variety of formats to voluntary, statutory, groups and partnerships.
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. For an informal discussion please contact Joanne Sailsman, Domestic Abuse Team Manager on 07385462044, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Applicants
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.