We are seeking a highly motivated and strategic-minded individual to join our team as a Technology Enabled Care Team Manager. We are committed to improving the lives of individuals and enabling them to live independently and with dignity.
What will be expected from me?
The successful candidate will play a critical role in developing and implementing strategies to drive growth and the delivery Assistive Technology Services within the agreed service model
What I might be doing?
- Develop, lead, and implement an Assistive Technology strategy that enables the continued development and co-ordination of a Technology Enable Care (TEC) first approach, Telecare and other Assistive Technologies in response to emerging and assessed needs of residents in the Wakefield District to promote choice, control, prevention, well-being and independent living.
- Work alongside internal and external partners in order to embed a TEC First approach into practice as a key preventative measure to promote independence and dignity.
- To work in partnership with commissioned providers to maintain continued choice and modernisation of Assistive Technology whilst driving forward the digitisation agenda.
- To lead and develop a team of up to 4 staff who will train and promote the workforce to be at the forefront of practice in relation to Assistive Technology.
- Take a lead on relevant council led projects where Assistive Technology is a key component of delivery.
- Provide training and up to date information for council staff and key partners.
- Take a lead on Procurement tasks relating to the service and its commissioned providers ensuring all contracts are procured compliantly and there is; seamless service delivery, value for money, quality of provision and active stakeholder engagement.
- Engage with service users and key partners on a regular and measurable basis to capture quality feedback on services provided in order to continuously improve services and outcomes for individuals in Wakefield.
Why Wakefield Council?
- We are a leading Council for best practice and an employer of choice for individuals seeking a rewarding role and career.
- We offer a flexible full-time working pattern of 37 hours per week
- 31 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and access to high-quality training offers to help progress your career to the next level.
- We are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our staff and we recognise that resilient Team need a good work/life balance as well as supportive leadership and support in the workplace.
- Access to a range of employee support products.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
- Education to degree level or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- Management Qualification at Level 3 CMI Diploma or equivalent or management experience. A requirement to undertake relevant management qualification on successful completion of probation period.
- IOSH Health and Safety or willingness to work towards.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Gill Davey.
PR2601 002 Assistive Technology Development Manager (002).pdf
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.