We have a great opportunity for an administrator to join the HR Business Improvement Team based within our Wakefield One building in central Wakefield. This is an excellent opportunity to use and develop your administration and customer service skills to support our day-to-day work, projects, and ongoing developmental work.
You will be involved in a broad range of HR work and will be able to co-ordinate and steer administration processes associated with, amongst other things, senior recruitment, job evaluation, organisational change, and early retirement. You will also support the HR Leadership Team with administration associated with events.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have experience of working within an administrative role, where customer service is key.
- Be able to work collaboratively with a wide range of people both within and outside the HR department.
- Have excellent communication skills, and be confident conversing by phone, email and in person, responding to queries or providing information as necessary.
- Have experience of using systems, and be confident in the use of MS Office packages, in particular, MS Word and MS Excel.
You will have a ‘can do’ approach and be full of ideas and suggestions in how we can continuously improve our service. You will be able to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues to ensure we deliver a professional and customer focused service, including ensuring we respond to questions and requests for information in a timely and professional manner. Ideally you will have experience of working within HR, but don’t worry if you don’t as we’ll teach you everything you need to know.
In return we offer:
- A good salary.
- 26 days of Holidays*pro rata
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Access to a comprehensive learning and development programme.
- Opportunity to work on a hybrid basis, with at least 60% of your time being onsite.
- A range of employee benefits including reduced price gym membership, discounted travel cards, discounted parking, and various salary sacrifice schemes.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Laurie Wiles.
Tel: 01924 306085
PR3014 PR3015 HR Administrator (Career Grade) (002).pdf
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.