Are you a qualified Social Worker and passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference? We would love to hear from you! We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic qualified and registered social workers.
For this role you will need to have completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE).
We recognise there will be exceptions to this so please speak to us if you are in any doubt and have 2 years post qualification experience.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
What will you be doing?
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership - If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
We are looking for a social worker who believes it is important to ensure people have choice and control over safeguarding interventions to ensure that we truly make safeguarding personal. We are committed to ensuring that we work with organisations to improve the lived experience of the people they support.
Working 9am -5.30pm. Part flexible, 2-3 days in the office and the rest working from home if you wish.
• Have a social work qualification and be registered with Social Work England
• Have at least 2 year post qualification experience
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference
• Have up to date knowledge of legislation and demonstrable experience of delivering safeguarding outcomes within a legislative framework
• Have good communication and IT skills
• Abe to prioritise, using a risk based approach
Our social care staff do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Northamptonshire and are a great asset to the organisation. Some of the offer include
• Regular formal and informal support
• Safe, supportive and positive working environment
• Annual leave according to the councils policy
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Staff discounts
• Robust supervision and training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills and experience
• Opportunity and support to in progressing professionally and personally
We recognise that the application process can be time consuming and we want applicants to be supported to make the process as smooth as possible. If you would like to talk to someone about the role or application process please just email NCC Safeguarding Duty West (SafeguardingDutyWest.NCC@westnorthants.gov.uk) with your query and we will arrange someone to contact you to discuss our opportunities further.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from our Chief Executive, Anna Earnshaw, about what it's like to work at West Northants Council https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.