We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
What will you be doing?
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Generous relocation allowance of up to 25% of starting salary or £8,000 (whichever is the lesser, T&Cs apply).
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership - If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
As a champion of social work, you’ll lead by example, using your skills to encourage a culture of innovation, reflection and learning within the service, using practice evaluations and learning reviews to inform this work. The experience you’ll bring with you will enable you to support others from the start of their social work journey; from student to ASYE, and then to qualified, competent and confident Social Workers. You will be an approachable, ‘can do’ person who understands what good looks like and have high ambitions for the workforce and the organisation.
As a proactive person, you’ll be able to respond to multiple requests and demands, getting to know our fabulous staff group will be imperative and supporting them as they deliver advice and guidance to citizens of West Northants. The team and your peers are all very supportive and in West Northants we are all working towards the same goal of enabling competent and confident staff to deliver great care.
You will bring proven experience of leadership, practice development and consistent achievement in a social work environment, an understanding of working across health and social care and above all a commitment to people who use, work in and rely on social work services. You’ll need exceptional interpersonal skills, a passion for quality and inclusion and the ability to build, manage and develop effective working relationships with people and partners.
- Qualification in Social Work and currently registered with Social Work England.
- Higher post qualifying training in relevant discipline or management qualification
- Management experience over a range of professional roles with significant experience of managing functions in a number of specialisms e.g. Older People, Mental Health, Learning Disability, Adult Safeguarding.
- You will be required to drive and have transport.
If you would like to discuss this role further than please contact Stephanie Langford; firstname.lastname@example.org / 01604 365092
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from our Chief Executive, Anna Earnshaw, about what it's like to work at West Northants Council https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.