An opportunity exists in the Council’s Street Scene Services for four Waste Recycling Operatives (Seasonal Posts) working from our depots across the District.
These are seasonal posts within the Waste Recycling Service, running from March to November. The successful applicants will work 39 weeks per year (March to November) and are not required to work December through to February, though the offer of occasional extra work may be made. A pro rata salary payment will be made in 12 equal monthly instalments.
What will be expected from me?
The Postholders will be required to demonstrate that they have the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- To be an ambassador for the Council when dealing with all stakeholders
- To be self-motivated and can motivate others.
- To have a good understanding of Health & Safety procedures.
- The ability to assess problems and provide practical solutions.
- To have the ability to prioritise conflicting demands
- To display basic numeracy and literacy skills
What I might be doing?
The postholders as part of their roles and responsibilities will:
- Collection of recycling materials from domestic, commercial and trade properties throughout the district.
- Use judgement to determine the appropriate items of waste to be removed.
- Use own initiative in dealing with basic issues that arise on a site.
- Liaise with the Team Leader on any requested from the public direct to Office.
- Report any receptacles that are defective to the Team Leader.
- Good knowledge of the waste and recycling industry.
- Good understanding of health and safety procedures.
What can I expect?
- These are full-Time post of 37 hours per week March to November
- 26 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
For further enquiries please contact Lindsey Hughes or Dave Narey, Street Scene Operations Managers on 0345 8 506 506.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Lindsey Hughes or Dave Narey.
Tel: 01924 302001
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.