Royal Greenwich Fostering Service is seeking to recruit dynamic Social Workers to join our innovative and well regarded Fostering Service in providing the best possible care to Looked After Children.
- 1x Fixed-term post
- 1x Permanent post
We are looking for a qualified, registered children and families Social Worker, with experience of direct social work practice and fostering. The successful candidate will perform all tasks related to the role of a supervising social worker including undertaking fostering assessments and for private fostering arrangements.
You will need a good knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation and guidance which governs Children’s Social Care and Fostering Services.
The role includes:
- Assessment of prospective foster carers & Special Guardians
- Providing regular, professional and effective supervision to foster carers, offering on-going assessment and supportive challenge of their practice
- Completion of foster carers annual reviews
- Completion of assessments of private fostering arrangements
- Delivery of attachment based models of support framed within our systemic practice model
- Good standard of on-going recording and the ability to prepare thorough & timely reports
- Working closely with carers to support them to meet the needs of children in accordance with the care plan and delegated authority
- Facilitating support groups and promoting the continuous professional development of Foster Carers
- Working as part of the team to contribute to the development of the Fostering Service’ best practice
- Participation in recruitment events
- An expectation of some evening and occasional weekend working
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of ICT systems including word and excel
We can offer you professional supervision, good terms and conditions, career development and a welcoming supportive team environment and integration in the wider children in care and care leaver service alongside childcare teams.
If you feel you have the skills, knowledge, experience and confidence that we are looking for then we would welcome your application.
There is an expectation of some evening and occasional weekend working (for which you will receive TOIL). Once a quarter you will be required to cover a week on the Out of Hours emergency support call service for foster carers.
Interview Date: Week commencing 27th of December 2023
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Monica Timariu ; Monica.Timariu@royalgreenwich.gov.uk 020 8921 2833
JD & PS Fostering Social Worker (Consolidating Professional Practice)
JD & PS Fostering Children’s Social Worker (Proficient)
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.