To work as part of the payroll team updating service users records to become legislatively compliant and meet demands of changing regulations. The role will require someone with excellent IT skills and a good attention to detail. Training and mentoring will be provided on the job.
The Payroll Team in the Directorate of Finance and Legal is responsible for delivery of an end to end payroll service.
We provide a payroll service to the Royal Borough of Greenwich and a number of external organisations and Academies to over 10,000 employees.
We are looking for someone with a keen interest in calculations, attention to detail and the want to provide a high quality service, who is eager to learn, and is driven and self-motivated to deliver exceptional work for a truly unique and exciting London borough.
The apprentice will be expected to:
- As allocated by your line managers, perform a range of basic business administration duties which include specific tasks related to the formal qualification.
- Work with colleagues, taking instruction, making notes and meeting the basic needs of the team.
- Deal politely with all stakeholders. After training, be able to deliver an acceptable level of customer service at all times.
- Handling calls made to the service/team, logging the calls and ensuring all the necessary information is gathered from the caller. Dealing with basic queries and directing all other calls to the appropriate team member/service.
- Provide basic advice and information to stakeholders by telephone, email or in person.
- Undertake accurate and efficient input of information into financial systems including general administrative duties such as filing, photocopying and scanning.
- Under direct supervision to learn about and work towards undertaking duties related to the Finance and Legal Services Directorate. Throughout the Apprenticeship programme to assist colleagues in the following duties:
- Undertake accurate and efficient input of information into financial systems
- Dealing and Communicating with Stakeholders and colleagues
- Personal Development
- Working as part of a team to achieve a common goal
- Basic Administrative Duties
- To undertake a varied programme of work experience, practical and theoretical training leading to a recognised apprenticeship qualification in Payroll Administrator Level 3 as part of an apprenticeship programme.
- To actively participate in their own development plan, which will be agreed with the line manager and the assessor from the training provider. To undertake the requirements of the academic element of the apprenticeship (e.g. attendance at college and completion of academic work). A minimum of 20% of working week will be allocated to this.
As a Royal Greenwich apprentice, there are many fantastic benefits you can enjoy. Please refer to the link ‘Benefits of working for us’ to learn more.
JD & PS
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.