Accountancy Tutor - Part Time
Permanent, Part Time
Up to £28,432 per annum
This position is being offered as a sessional role i.e., paid per session worked.
This position offers the opportunity to teach at our Chelmsford, Basildon and Brentwood centres and will initially cover sessions on Monday's (daytimes), Tuesday's (evenings) and Wednesday's (daytimes) but days, sessions and locations of work can be discussed at the interview, and we are happy to try to be as flexible as possible.
Ideally, we are looking for the successful candidate to start work in February 2024 but for the right candidate this could be earlier or later in the year.
Interviews will take place on the 3rd of January 2024.
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications.
The role is to deliver high quality teaching according to a planned curriculum.
Job Purpose Summary
To design, plan, deliver and evaluate high quality learning opportunities and experiences for learners in response to their identified needs.
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
- Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
- Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
- Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
- To initially assess learners' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Subject specific qualification or proven expertise in subject
- Teaching / training experience
- Nationally recognised teaching qualification (or be prepared to work towards achieving threshold qualifications within the first year of service e.g City and Guilds Award in Education and Training
- Competent user of ICT
- Ability to inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of learners through your enthusiasm and knowledge
- Good understanding of social and cultural diversity, equality of opportunity and inclusion and safeguarding
- Minimum of Level 2 in English and maths