Permanent, Part Time
Up to £22,361 per annum, pro rata
Working Style: Fixed-base worker
Please note this is a Part-time role working 16 hours per week over 5 weekday mornings. Actual salary based on these hours £9,669.62 per annum.
ECC Adult Social Care, through effective practice, is moving towards a transformational shift from a focus on support of the short break people that access, using the care model with four key principles: - prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding. This will enable people, their families, and carers to be able to access information and tools to live healthily and independently. Providing an opportunity to respond pro-actively to growing service demand in a sustainable way, within the financial constraints of the Council.
Domestic Assistants will contribute to the maintenance and cleaning of laundry, communal areas, bedrooms, bathroom, and kitchen within residential homes, to ensure cleanliness and high standards of food hygiene for adults.
Utilising existing skills and experience in effective laundry management to maintain cleanliness in individual and communal rooms, together with some kitchen experience will be an important element in undertaking this role effectively.
- Ensure all communal areas are and cleaned to ensure environment is safe and welcoming to both residents and visitors.
- Ensure all bedrooms and bathrooms are cleaned, this includes deep cleans between different service users
- Contribute to cleaning and laundry of items in residential homes, to ensure standards of cleanliness are delivered to a high quality and maintained
- Contribute to kitchen efficiency by utilising equipment to ensure cleanliness of kitchen tools, crockery and pans are maintained to a high standard, on a regular basis.
- Responsible for ensuring all laundry duties within residential homes is undertaken efficiently and in a timely way.
- You will be educated to Educated to RQF level 1 or equivalent by experience with a willingness to achieve the award within 24 months of starting the role.
- Evidence of Health and Safety experience and any relevant qualifications and evidence of training incorporating moving and handling of objects.
- Evidence of a First Aid qualification, training and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of basic food hygiene.
- Experience of maintaining high standards of cleanliness within a residential setting.
- Understanding of working in a setting for adults who are receiving a period of residential care.
- Ability and experience of working on initiative and flexible attitude.
- Friendly demeanour, empathetic towards others with clear knowledge of confidentiality.
With us, you can achieve more - for yourself as well as the vulnerable adults you work to support. We encourage our teams to share their ideas and experience. We work together to get things done. Bring your positive, proactive attitude, and we'll empower you to make the most of your experience as a Domestic Assistant within Essex County Council (ECC) Adult Social Care services.
To read more about us please visit: Adult Social Care
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England's oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest - Basildon and Harlow - are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We're committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We're also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Further details can be found on our careers page.
Pay and Reward | Our Ways of Working | About Us | Organisation Behaviours